ISIS launches English-language radio news bulletins on its Iraq-based al-Bayan radio network. The network also broadcasts in Arabic and Russian. The nine-and-a-half minute broadcasts, which begin and end with traditional sounding Arabic music, is hosted by a man with an American accent. Content includes news about the group’s activities in Iraq, Syria and Libya and activities such as suicide bombings, mortar attacks, car bombings, destroying ‘idols’, and ‘martyrdom operations’.
Launches English-language radio
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence
- Iraq demands Turkish withdrawal
- 500 oil tankers destroyed